Wednesday 11 April 2012

Ocean's "Marooned"

I have this subscription type thing to a monthly Glymm box. What is a Glymm box? Simple, it's a box full
of decent sized sample products from higher end brands for you to try, then after a month or so Glymm sends you surveys for your opinion on the samples. In my March Glymm box I got a full-sized bottle of a deep-red nail polish by Ocean. The colour is called "Marooned" and I felt I should swatch it for you.

Okay, so when I first got this colour I thought, "Wait a minute, this is like China Glaze's Seduce Me." Which in fact it is, and normally I wouldn't mind too much until I put on the top coat and noticed something.
Less than 2 minutes after the TP dried, I noticed this on each nail(circled in yellow):



It looks to me that the polish separated from the top coat. I don't know if this was because of the TP I used which was Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry in Clear, or what. For that I'd have to do more testing. But it struck me as a WTF moment because this have NEVER happened, to ANY nail polish I've owned, be it Big 3 Free or not. I don't know how I feel about this, so I just took it off after a day.
In future, I'll try testing this colour out with different TPs to see if this keeps happening. I'll edit this post with any findings.










No comments:

Post a Comment