Sunday 1 April 2012

Snowy Day Bling

So yesterday I woke up to a light dusting on snow on Betty (my van). And was not impressed as I was heading out to class. So this is the mani inspired by my dislike of snow.


Whole hand.


Thumb Close-up.
So I first put down a white gradient using the sponging technique. I used "French White Creme" by Wet n' Wild for the base colour. On top of that I did a basic glitter gradient using Sally Hansen's "Disco Ball" from the eXtreme Wear line, its like an iridescent glitter. On top of that I randomly attached half pearls and rhinestones which were purchased from Michael's Arts and Crafts store.
Overall I like them, I love blinged out paws, but they are a pain to work with since they are so bulky, I have trouble getting my hands between books to make shelf space.

2 comments:

  1. It's fun. I've been tempted, but then I get to thinking about what a pain in the ass it probably is to get all the 3D stuff off the nail. That, and what fun (not) it would be, rummaging through files all day, searching for documents, while pearls and whatnot are getting snagged on paperclips and the like.

    This working for a living nonsense is really putting a crimp in my nail polish fun. Ya know?

    L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahah yes it certainly is! While I was at work with these every other minute one of them would pop off, so I ended up pulling them off out of boredom

      Delete