Monday 16 April 2012

Glittery Hearts

I love this ombre design. The reason is probably not why you think. I'll fill you in on how I did it down below :)


Close up of the thumb nail.
So, I know that last mani was also an ombre, but the technique I used this time was a tad different. I didn't try sponging it on, no no, I used acrylic paint on these paws. Yes, that's right, there is no actual nail polish here except for the Base Coat, and the Top Coat. All the rest is regular craft store acrylic paint, blended to create a beautiful gradient effect. So the paints I used were a basic green mixed with white to get the mint, and red, yellow and white for the pastel orange. The little glitter paillets came out of my bottle of "Synergy" from L.A. Girl.
I hope you enjoy this different take on an ombre mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment