Monday 24 September 2012

First Week of Fall

Yesterday we rang in the first day of Fall!! And you know what that means, HALLOWEEN!

So to kick off autumn, I have a mildy themed Halloween mani to show you, plus OPI's "So So Skullicious" mini polish set.


OPI So So Skullicious
 I only bought this mini collection because of it's packaging. Shameful yes, considering these colours are fairly easy to come by, except maybe the orange. But, honestly, that packaging is adorable. This set contains 4 mini nail polish colours, and a set of small sugar skull water nail art decals. They were cute, but I haven't come up with a way to use them yet.

Close up on Colour names.
 This little mini set came with the above 4 colours: "Hi Pumpkin!", "A-Rose From the Dead", "Mourning Glory" and "Candlelight". "Hi Pumpkin!" is a perfect pumpkin coloured creme orange, it's very opaque on which is nice. "A-Rose from the Dead" is a basic pink creme, opaque after 2 coats, it's nice but I'm sure I already have this shade somewhere in my collection. "Mourning Glory" is a creme black, very common. And "Candlelight" is a nice sheer yellow, it took 3 coats to become opaque, it feels warmer toned than other yellows I've used.

Sept/24/2012
This mani was done using all the colours from the mini set. I did some colour sponging on my middle and pinky fingers and it created this nice fall mesh look. On top of that I added some outlined roses in a dark burgundy and white. The index finger has a cute little skull peeking out from one corner surrounded by more rose outlines. It's cute and very mix n match, which is kind of why I like it. I like how the skull is my way of hinting that Halloween is on it's way. I'm so excited.

"A-rose from the Dead" Index finger.
"Candlelight", "Mourning Glory", "Hi Pumpkin!" and "A-Rose from the Dead" Middle, and Pinky nails
"Mourning Glory" on the Ring Finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment