Monday 25 March 2013

Fire an Blood: House Targaryen

This is the last manicure in this month's Game of Thrones theme.

House Targaryen:


Let me begin by saying, this is my favourite manicure of all! And it was so much faster to do than I thought it would be! Also Daenarys is one of my favourite characters from Game of Thrones aside from Tyrion Lannister.

Main Four
 So this manicure is a mix and match type deal. The dragons are the main thing I wanted to emphasize though, so they got the middle finger, then to continue the dragon theme, fire was needed. I tried using a needle drag techinque for the flames but it wasn't turning out how I wanted it so I switched and just painted them on, they look infinitely better this way. 

Thumb Close up.
 Keeping with the dragon theme, I chose to do scales on my thumb because I felt it would be far too dark if I did another black nail. I like the end result of the thumbs. I started with a base of "Cayenne Pepper" by L.A. Colors, and made a darker red to add some depth to each scale. This was super easy and really fast.

Dragons Close up.
 The dragons were also surprisingly easy to do. I began with an oval in red for the heads and some curvy fat lines for their necks, then went in with some black and a fine brush to add eyes, mouths and the frill part on the dragons' spines. I used a dotting tool to dab some "Cayenne Pepper" onto the dragons to make them look like scales. And of course, there's also some fire in the background there :).

I know I've already said this before, but this is my favourite manicure of them all, so much so that I may revisit it later on this year, after all, you can never go wrong with fire breathing dragons! Even though this is the last Game of Thrones inspired mani that I'm doing, I know there are many other houses that can be done, and have been done by others. 

I hope you have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment