Friday 16 November 2012

Butter London Mini Haul

Happy Friday!

I wasn't planning on posting today, but when I got into work, lo and behold I learned we began carrying Butter London Nail Lacquer! So far we only have 3 shades, Slapper, Come to Bed Red and Primrose Hill Picnic.

Here I have some swatches for you:

Left to Right: Primrose Hill Picnic, Come to Bed Red, and Slapper
Let's move on to the swatches!
"Slapper" Butter London
 This is "Slapper", cute name, it's a beautiful creme turquoise. I found it much brighter in person and those streaks were not there in person either. It leans more to the blue side of turquoise. This is it with two coats, you can still see a bit of visible free edge which is easily remedied with a third coat.
"Primrose Hill Picnic" Butter London
 Here is a beautiful blue-toned pink creme. Once again, this is much brighter in person than it shows up on my camera. It's a very cheerful shade of deep bubblegum pink. This is it with two coats and it's very opaque. You could go a third coat to completely erase that visible free edge peeking through, but I'm happy with it at 2 coats.
"Come to Bed Red" Butter London
A truly beautiful shade of red creme, it's absolutely perfect for the holidays. It calls to memory the shade "Poinsettia" by China Glaze, but I feel that this is more of a cool tone red, than say "Poinsettia" which is more pink-ish in hue. This one, like most reds, needs at least 3 coats, after two coats here, my free edge is still very visible. 

All in all, these are all gorgeous, bright and happy shades that we got in for the Holidays. I had to snatch a shade of each before I put them all out. Butter London retails for $17.00, so it makes it more of a luxury brand. Although the price is steep(even for myself), the quality on these is perfect, they go on smooth, glossy, and perfectly creamy.

I hope you enjoyed this post and find it useful if you plan on purchasing these colours. Here's a bonus photo of the other items I purchased from work:

Here we have 2 plush toy owls, one large and one small. Three polishes I bought, and a 2013 Barbie Calendar with art by Robert Best.



No comments:

Post a Comment