Thursday 23 February 2012

Peacock Purples

Okay! So after a few days of "WTF am I gonna do?" and "Nothing is working!" frustration, I popped over to Sally's for some quick inspiration. I was standing there for a good ten minutes blankly staring at all the nail polishes when "Flying Dragon (Neon)" by China Glaze caught my eye and I remembered some swatch photos I saw of it. I picked up a bottle, and when I got home this happened:


Flipped this one so you could see the designs upright.




The base colour is "Flying Dragon (Neon)" by China Glaze, I stamped images from Bundle Monster plates: BM 03, BM 15 and BM 212 using "Silver Sweep" by Sally Hansen.

The end result reminds me vaguely of the purple/silver Banarasi  Sari I wore at my cousin's wedding many years ago. Needless to say I like this one, for now, and the sari is still sitting in my closet only being worn once and in desperate need of a new, properly fitting sari blouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment